Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Notre Dame skips rebuilding phase for run at title

McGraw was overly cautious. Notre Dame combined the rapid development of part-time players with the return of an injured star to power into tonight's NCAA title game against Texas A&M.

"I don't know that anybody expected that it would be this year," said McGraw, in her 24th season in South Bend, Ind. "I think we believed in ourselves, but I'm not sure that a lot of people thought we would be ready."

McGraw was overly cautious. Notre Dame combined the rapid development of part-time players with the return of an injured star to power into tonight's NCAA title game against Texas A&M.

"I don't know that anybody expected that it would be this year," said McGraw, in her 24th season in South Bend, Ind. "I think we believed in ourselves, but I'm not sure that a lot of people thought we would be ready."

More


No comments: