Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Report: Amar'e likely to play Game 3

Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire will likely play in Game 3 of the playoffs against the Celtics despite leaving Game 2 on Tuesday night with back spasms.

Stoudemire was sidelined for the entire second half of New York's 96-93 loss at the TD Garden after hurting his back during pregame warm-ups, the Boston Globe reported.

"I should be ready for Game 3," he told reporters after the game, while standing to protect his back. "We'll see how it goes (Wednesday) and next day, but I'm pretty sure -- I'm hoping -- I'll be ready Friday."

Stoudemire managed 18 minutes in the first half before being unable to continue after the break.

"I couldn't hardly move. I was trying to play through it," he said. "Once I felt that sharp pain, I couldn't take it."

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said, "He should be OK Friday. He just felt a little twinge or something. He hurt it again there in the first half."

More


No comments: