1. The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) has received funds from United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to be used for the acquisition of Information Technology (IT) equipment, soft ware and training as support to the preparation for the 2012 National Population and Housing Census (UPHC). This is a readvert for the tender that appeared in the New Vision of 29th April 2010. Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to re-apply.
2.The Uganda Bureau of Statistics invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply and delivery of:
-Automatic Image Scanner
- Automatic Data Capture Software
-Native Barcode Generator Software
3.Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open domestic
bidding procedures contained in the Government of Uganda’s Public
Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003 and is open to all
bidders from eligible source countries.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from
the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Procurement and Disposal Unit and
inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:00
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased
by interested bidders upon payment of a non-refundable fee of UGX
100,000 (Uganda Shillings One Hundred Thousand only). The method of
payment will be by use of a Bank Payment Advice form to be obtained from
the Procurement and Disposal Unit office in Room G.8 during working
hours. The document will be picked from the address below. No liability
will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 11:00am
on All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of UGX 3,500,000 in
the format provided in the Bid document.
Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of
the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below
at 11:30pm on 10th September 2010.
The Executive Director
Uganda Bureau of Statistics,
Plot 9 Colville Street
P.O. Box 7186 Kampala.