Monday, October 3, 2011

Amanda Knox pleads for her freedom as murder appeal ends

Perugia, Italy (CNN) -- Nearly four years after she was arrested on suspicion of having killed her roommate in this picturesque Italian university town, Amanda Knox pleaded with a jury Monday to overturn her conviction for murder.

"I am not what they say I am. I did not kill. I did not rape. I did not steal," Amanda Knox said, her voice trembling with emotion. She was making perhaps the most important speech of her life, and it showed.

She got out only a few words before her voice choked off, she stopped, and said under her breath: "OK."

Then she launched into the crux of her plea:

"People always ask 'who is Amanda Knox?' I am the same person I was four years ago. But I have lost a friend. I have lost my faith in Italian police. I am paying with my life for something I have not done. Four years ago I didn't know what suffering was," she said, speaking fluent, flawless Italian.


Click your way to the Bank
 


No comments: