Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blue Angels’ chief screws up, steps down


The commanding officer of the elite Blue Angels flight demonstration team stepped down Friday after a making a "lower-than-normal maneuver" during a recent air show, the Navy said.

Because the team has been grounded since the May 22 incident in Lynchburg, Va., its performances at the Rockford Airfest next weekend and an air show in Evansville, Ind., on June 11-12 were canceled.

"With deep personal regret I shared with my command today that I will be voluntarily leaving the greatest flight demonstration team. I performed a maneuver that had an unacceptably low minimum altitude," Koss wrote in a statement released by Naval Air Forces. "This maneuver, combined with other instances of not meeting the airborne standard . . . led to my decision to step down."

More
--





Great website to make big money online.



No comments: